Last year, two of my kids received steroid shots for severe poison ivy rash.

They were visiting family and the histamine reaction was so severe their faces swelled up and their eyes swelled shut. This spring, as we moved to the magical forrest, which also happens to be full of poison ivy, those types of reactions became high priority to avoid.

I pondered my options…

  • Succumbing to steroid shots all season? NO!
  • Taking antihistamines with side effects? NO!
  • Avoiding Mother Nature and the beauty of our magical forest? NOT AN OPTION!
  • Eliminating all traces of poisonous oily leaves and biting / stinging things? IMPOSSIBLE!

… and checked my mental list of LifeCo products. My mind quickly went to our blend of organic essential oils called Poison Ivy Oil. It’s great for drying and stopping itch! I’ve used it many times and it never lets me down.

Poison Ivy Oil: effectively dries poison ivy rash, avoid face and sensitive skin areas.

However, for sensitive areas and the face,

I, and more than likely YOU TOO, need something more gentle that can be applied to those sensitive areas as well EVERYWHERE else. That’s when I realized! Sick Sucker Soak is the perfect solution for treating poison ivy on all parts of the body. Of course!

Since that moment, Sick Sucker Soak has become my most frequent grab…for everything it seems like!

It stops poison ivy better than any solution (natural or otherwise) I’ve seen or tried. It pulled the infection out of a nasty spot on my partner’s knee (didn’t think to take pictures but I will next time!) overnight. We’ve made multiple poultices for multiple purposes like bee stings, bug bites and skin reactions to all the prickly fibers and dusty substances the forest produces to protect itself, and we’ve experienced relief each time! I’ve seen it reduce inflammation, speed healing and relieve itching over and over!

The secrets are its drying capabilities and PH balancing properties of bentonite clay, sea salt, and baking soda respectively. It’s gentle enough for the face and other sensitive areas.

Like most products, you’ll want to avoid the eyes. You could easily mix this at home and hydrate it for use. You can even rehydrate it when it hardens over time as clay will do, or only hydrate the amount you need.

Sick Sucker Soak: created originally for detox and sickness relief through soaking, it also makes a great body mud!

Baking soda balances Ph levels, sea salt replenishes minerals, magnesium flakes relax the entire system enabling rest and recuperation!


  • Topical antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial (from 3 C’s Blend ingredient).
  • Relieves itching.
  • Reduces redness and swelling. 
  • Drawing clay for insect bites, insect stings, poison ivy, etc.
  • Drawing clay for infected skin wounds and redness indicated by heat and swelling (not for use on open wounds).
  • Soaking solution for symptom relief of viral infections such as chills, cough, body aches and fever.
  • Soaking solution for symptom relief of skin reactions.
  • Body mud for detoxifying and purifying the skin.

How to apply:

  • POULTICE – Hydrate amount needed to make a paste and apply directly on the skin. Let dry completely. Rinse with cool water.
  • SOAK – Add 1/4 – 1/2 of a jar to warm bath to prevent, shorten, and even eliminate various dis-ease and symptoms associated with imbalance from viral and bacterial infections. Soak for 10-20 minutes. Add a full jar if desired or you in are higher need of detox and/or sickness relief. Rinse, preferably with cool water.
  • BODY MUD – Smear entire damp body adding small amounts of water as needed to spread. Let stand for desired amount of time, rinse in a hot shower.

Ingredients: Baking Soda, Dead Sea Salt, Bentonite Clay, Magnesium Flakes, *3 C’s Proprietary Blend 9oz

*indicates organic ingredient

Disclaimer: None of these products or statements have been approved by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or replace medical care. Always consult your physician before using new products or attempting home remedies.